|CLERMONT, FLORIDA | TRAINING CAMP||Camp at a Glance|
|December 2-8, 2018
CYCLING TRAINING CAMP
5 Ride Days
- Test and diagnose
- Create a needs analysis
- Plan and track
- Get results
- Learn the process
|IS THIS CAMP FOR ME?||Level||Level||Level||Level||
- We maintain a high coach-camper ratio (5:1) to allow for plenty of one-on-one instruction; each ride group has 1-2 coaches to guide and teach.
- All our coaches are certified USA Cycling and/or USA Triathlon coaches.
- Each ride has a purpose, covering a combination of ride skills and on-the-bike testing formats to help you build both skills and knowledge.
- Our on-the-road coaching program teaches riders of all levels how to ride faster and safer.
- We offer multiple coach-led ride groups each day allow you to ride with others of similar fitness and abilities; check out our ride levels to find a group for you.
- Clermont’s average high temperature in December is 72 degrees, so there won’t be any snow or trainers in the forecast.
- How to use data to diagnosis and determine individual athlete needs
- Building the data-driven annual training plan
- Scheduling skills, technique, and peripheral training formats into the annual plan
- Using the individual needs analysis to build a specific training plan
- Quantification and tracking of training to ensure results
Amber Neben is one of the most accomplished cyclists in the history of women’s cycling. Amber is a two-time Olympian, the 2018 U.S. national time trial champion, the 2017 and 2008 UCI time trial world champion, and the 2003 U.S. national road champion. She has been a pro racer for over 15 years, winning numerous races nationally and internationally.
Tim wears two hats in the world of cycling. First, he is the TrainingPeaks WKO4 Product Leader, widely recognized as a data analytics expert, working with pro tour teams, manufacturers, and athletes searching for improvements in training and performance analysis. Second, he is a master coach with Velocious Cycling Adventures, coaching numerous professional athletes such as three-time world champion Amber Neben.
Scott’s amateur and professional career lasted twenty-six years. Of the 2000+ events he entered, he amassed a total of 275 wins, a record no U.S. rider has come even close to breaking. Scott was the top ranked professional rider in the U.S. twice, first with Coors Light in 1992 and again in 2005 with HealthNet-Maxxis.
Cycling has been Len’s all-consuming lifestyle for over thirty years, including riding, racing, team management, coaching, and cycling event organization. He has managed three major teams: the Coors Light Professional Team, the Crest Amateur Team, and the Lowrey’s Women’s Team and organized a series of major cycling events. Len resides in Florida and specializes in coaching masters athletes.
Guest Speaker Kameel Abdurrahman
Coach Kameel is a recognized coach and bike fitter, not only in Central Florida but also across the USA. He has been sought out by clients from as far as Germany, Brazil, China, South America, and Australia. He’s studied under some of the industry’s leading fit specialists to learn the art and science of bike fitting, making him the only recognized RETUL Master Certified Bike Fitter in Central Florida. He is also a F.I.S.T. Certified Tri bike fitter, a USA Level 1 triathlon coach, a USA Cycling Level 1 coach, an International Bike Fitting Institute Level 3 fitter, and a LEOMO motion analysis coach.
Guest Consultant Dr. Namrita Kumar
With a background in nutrition and exercise physiology, Namrita is able to provide a unique coaching service by integrating performance coaching with periodized nutrition to allow athletes to maximize training adaptation, competitive performance, and long-term health. She holds a Ph.D. in applied exercise physiology and an M.S. in sports nutrition, and as a member of the Velocious team, she provides nutrition coaching, nutrition consulting and assessments, and meal planning and event-specific fueling plans for clients who may be working with any of our other coaches.
- Special Guest Coach- 2 x World Champion Amber Neben
- On-the-road SAG support
- Ride food and drink mix from Bonk Breaker
- After-ride recovery food
- Friday night group dinner
- Fully guided and coached rides
- Velocious swag bag
The Hampton Inn at Clermont amenities:
- Free hot breakfast
- Free WiFi
- Coin laundry facilities
- Fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Walking access to numerous lunch and dinner restaurants